Are you a social media manager looking for some direction? If so, you might be wondering ‘what is the most widely used social media platform?’ Facebook has over 2 billion active users as of January 2019, and that number is constantly increasing. The Facebook platform allows you to share written content, photos, videos, links, and even shop directly. The age range of Facebook users is very large, but recent studies show that 13% of users are women between the ages of 25 and 34, and 19% of users are men between the ages of 25 and 34. Social media sites are plentiful, but Facebook has historically been the most prominently used.
- 97% of social media marketers reported that Facebook is their most important marketing platform
- There are over 80 million business Facebook pages
- Facebook is the world’s third most visited website
- 68% of Americans use Facebook
- Americans spend 58 minutes per day on Facebook
- 78% of consumers have discovered & purchased retail products on Facebook
- Facebook is the top digital marketing platform for both B2C & B2B businesses
Having a well-established Facebook presence allows your consumers to become more engaged with your brand, share products they like with their friends, learn more about product offerings, and much more.